Community Visioning Dialogue
“Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” -Vincent Van Gogh
The Community Visioning Dialogue (CVD) has ended. Below is an overview regarding that process. As always, if you have any questions please use the contact information below.
MICA reintroduced the project at the beginning 2018 during a February Study Session with the Mercer Island City Council. During the Study Session we announce our next steps, which consisted of
- Expanded leadership of board and staff
- A stronger relationship with the City
- A community visioning dialogue, starting Spring 2018
- Openness to alternative sites and designs
A series of events were held as a part of the CVD process: individual interviews, large group visioning sessions, small group input sessions, and an island-wide survey.
THE TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION:
- Purpose of the Center
- Who should it serve and why
- What it will take to inspire confidence and support
- Desired programming and facility needs
- Scale and reach of the project
MICA wants your voice heard. If you have any questions contact the MICA office by calling 206-715-7671 or email at AskMICA@mercerislandarts.org